Are you thinking of getting cosmetic facial treatments to improve your appearance? You don’t necessarily need to undergo an invasive surgical procedure and make drastic changes. There are minimally invasive and non-surgical cosmetic treatments that are accessible and affordable, yet they provide amazing results. Some treatments can even be provided by a qualified Oakham dentist. Interested? Here are important facts you need to know before you proceed:
1. What are the most effective facial treatments?
There are many different cosmetic facial treatments available today. Among the most effective and most accessible procedures are the following:
- Dermal fillers
- Botulinum toxin injections
- Chemical peels or microdermabrasion
- Laser hair removal
- Non-surgical liposuction
2. What are some of the best non-surgical cosmetic procedures?
If you want to look refreshed, younger, but still like yourself, then it’s important to improve only what’s necessary. You want to enhance your appearance—not go overboard. Non-surgical cosmetic procedures, such as CO2 laser resurfacing, microneedling, and botulinum toxin injections can help you achieve natural-looking results. Here is a brief overview of these procedures:
- CO2 laser surfacing – This treatment removes layers of damaged skin to reveal rejuvenated and smoother skin and eliminate acne scars, wrinkles, and dark spots. A laser provides tiny concentrated beams of heat energy to trigger the production of elastin and collagen.
- Microneedling – A minimally invasive procedure that is safe for all skin tones and types. Fine needles provide controlled micro-injuries to the skin, so the body is triggered to produce collagen and elastin and minimise the signs of ageing, reduce pores, fade acne scars, and improve overall skin texture.
- Botulinum toxin injections – Using an injectable purified protein, this cosmetic procedure creates tighter and smoother skin by weakening the muscles responsible for causing wrinkles.
3. How many cosmetic procedures can be done at once?
Two to three cosmetic facial treatments can generally be done at once, but a few factors must be considered, such as the proximity of the areas to be treated, recovery time, and how comfortable the doctor is at conducting multiple procedures.
4. Why is botulinum toxin used for cosmetic procedures?
This is one of the most commonly used cosmetic facial procedures to relax wrinkles and prevent them from looking more pronounced. Botulinum toxin injections are extremely effective because they block muscle contractions and nerve signals in areas where they are administered. They are considered effective and safe for improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly in areas between the eyebrows and around the eyes. They may slow the formation of new lines, too.
If you are considering this treatment, be sure that it is administered by a certified and qualified doctor.
5. Before and after cosmetic facial treatments
These before and after photos can help you determine how effective cosmetic facial treatments can be:
6. Cosmetic facial treatments can include your teeth, too.
Having a great smile can take years off your face. Visit an Oakham dentist to find out what cosmetic dentistry procedures can help improve the look and function of your teeth to make you look and feel younger.