Here at West Road Dental Practice, we take your privacy very seriously. If we ask for certain personal information, please be assured that it will only be used in line with this privacy statement (detailed criteria follows). Our practice complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 that ensures all personal information about you is processed fairly and lawfully. We need to keep comprehensive and accurate personal data about our patients in order to provide safe and appropriate dental care.
This personal data includes:
- Your past and current medical and dental condition; personal details such as your age, national insurance number/NHS number, address, telephone number and your general medical practitioner
- Radiographs, clinical photographs and study models
- Information about the treatment that we have provided or propose to provide and its cost
- Notes of conversations/incidents about your care, for which a record needs to be kept
- Records of consent to treatment
- Correspondence relating to you with other health care professionals, for example in the hospital or community services
Personal data about you is held in the practice’s computer system and/or in a manual filing system. The information is not accessible to the public; only authorised members of staff have access to it. Our computer system has secure audit trails and we back up information routinely.
You have the right of access to the data that we hold about you. For copies of your personal data, please contact our Practice Manager.